Yoyotech Warbird RS4.0 full review
The Black Friday sales season is here! The best deals are not always on Amazon. The prices shown above are the best available now, though you may need to buy quickly as some deals will sell out.
Apart from the Pioneer Blu-ray drive, there's nothing aesthetically to distinguish it externally from Quiet PC's Serenity Nano or Dino PC's Microraptor. It also shares the same £999 price tag with the latter. (See also best gaming PC.)
Internally however there are many significant differences. The Warbird RS4.0 uses an Intel Core i5-4670 processor, running at 3.4 GHz. This was chosen in preference to the overclockable K variant of the same chip, says Yoyotech, in order to try to make a quiet gaming multimedia PC.
See all gaming PC reviews.
The processor's built-in Turbo boost function will allow it to reach 3.8 GHz when running single-threaded applications, all kept cool by a Corsair H60 liquid cooler and powered by a 520W power supply.
8 GB of memory is included as standard, ample for gaming, and there's a 128 GB SSD and 2 TB hard drive for storage. Graphics are provided by an Asus-branded nVidia GeForce GTX 770 card, running at the same speed as that found in Dino PC's nearly identical system.
Overall performance is hampered little by running a non-overclockable CPU, with the PCMark 7 score around 5 percent behind Dino PC, for example, which has an overclocked K version of the same Intel chip.It's a similar story with most of the PCMark 8 tests.
But crucially, gaming performance is largely unaffected. Only Final Fantasy XIV shows a significant drop in performance when compared to Dino PC's overclocked and mains-hungrier system.
Note that for some games, the Yoyotech plays games better than those like the Dino PC that have been overclocked.
Note that this review was edited Tuesday 11 March 2014 to correct a mistake that wrongly listed this PC as using the Intel Core i5-4670K (overclockable) processor.
Yoyotech Warbird RS4.0: Specs
- Processor (stock speed, overclocked speed): 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5-4670 (4 cores, 4 threads)
- CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 liquid cooler
- Installed memory (Capacity, type, speed): 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
- Storage (Type, model and capacity): 128 GB Toshiba SSD, 2 TB Seagate HDD
- Power supply (Model, rating): Seasonic Evo 520W Bronze-rated
- Motherboard (Model): Asus Z87I-Pro
- Operating system (name, version): Windows 8.1
- Graphics card (core/memory/shader speeds): Asus GTX770 (2GB) 7101/1058/1110
- Sound (Card type/onboard): on-board
- Networking (list network connections): gigabit ethernet, 802.11n Wi-Fi
- External USB ports (USB 3.0, USB 2.0): 6x USB 3.0, 4x USB 2.0
- Other ports (list ports): 2x HDMI, 2x DisplayPort, 2x DVI-I, 1x DVI-D, 1 x digital audio
- Optical drive (Vendor, model, type): Blu-ray drive, Pioneer BDR-S07XLT
- Case (Vendor, model, size): Cooler Master Elite 130
Price comparison from over 24,000 stores worldwide