Adobe's Design Premium CS4 suite features InDesign CS4, Photoshop CS4, Illustrator CS4 and Acrobat 9 Pro, along with new versions of Bridge, Device Central, and Version Cue (although it replaces the standard version of Photoshop with Photoshop CS4 Extended) and adds Flash, Dreamweaver, and Fireworks.
See also: Adobe Creative Suite 4 (CS4) review
A big addition to Creative Suite 4 is its collaboration tools. Adobe ConnectNow, accessible from most applications in the suite, allows up to three people to collaborate in real time. This feature should be useful to designers who want hands-on input from their clients. In addition, designers can share colour harmonies via the Adobe Kuler, have technical questions answered in Adobe Community Help, and access a media and tutorial library through Resource Central.
Adobe is offering prospective users a choice of six suites or full-version upgrades of 13 stand-alone applications, including Photoshop, Photoshop Extended, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash Professional, Dreamweaver, After Effects, and Premiere Pro.
Adobe Creative Suite 4 pricing
Adobe Creative Suite 4.0 Design Premium will be £1,249, and it will cost £1,195 for Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium, £1,409 for Adobe Creative Suite 4 Production Premium, and £1,969 for Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection.
Last May, customers got a preview of the next-generation versions of Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and Soundbooth, when Adobe released beta versions for download on its Adobe Labs site (see below for review links, or click here for reviews of all Adobe products). CS4 will reach the market in mid-October 2008. We'll be taking a closer look at Creative Suite 4.0 over the next few weeks. So click back for further detail.
INDIVIDUAL CS4 DESIGN PREMIUM APPS REVIEWED IN DETAIL:
Adobe Creative Suite 4: Specs
- 2GHz or faster processor
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2/SP3, Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (certified for 32-bit Windows XP and Windows Vista)
- 1GB RAM
- 9.3GB hard-disk space for installation
- additional free space required during installation (cannot install on flash-based storage devices)
- 1,024x768 display (1,280x800 recommended) with 16-bit video card
- some GPU-accelerated features require graphics support for Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0
- Some features in Adobe Bridge rely on a DirectX 9.0–capable graphics card with at least 64MB of VRAM
- DVD-ROM drive
- QuickTime 7.4.5 software required for multimedia features
- broadband internet connection required for online services