Yoyotech Warbird 3570XTA full review
The Warbird 3570XTA is a pretty cheap Gaming PCs compared to a lot of its competition, and going by looks alone you would probably guess it. However, Yoyotech has provided a complete package with solid performance and offers peripherals as standard that must be purchased separately with much of the competition. See also Group test: what's the best desktop PC?
The unimpressive Gigabyte LUXO X10 system case includes minimal cable management, so cables can’t be tucked away as neatly as on some systems. Neither does it offer the easy access of perpendicular drive bays. Strangest of all, although not a criticism per se is its strange upside-down configuration of the motherboard with the expansion slots situated at the top and the processor at the bottom. Visit Group test: what's the best graphics card?
Yoyotech has selected an Arctic Freezer CPU cooler which helps it push the Intel Core i5-3570K processor to an impressive 4.5GHz, equal to that of CyberPower’s liquid-cooled system.
An Asus P8Z77V-LX motherboard is installed, the same as that selected by Arbico. It’s a feature-rich board but not as enthusiast-friendly as the non-LX or PRO editions, both of which offer additional features and superior overclocking assistance – not that you’d be pushing the processor much beyond 4.5GHz anyway.
The system scored 209 points in WorldBench 6, which is very impressive for a system featuring 8GB of RAM, while a PNY nVidia GeForce GTX 670 delivered very good gaming performance. This allows high-resolution gaming at high-quality settings. It’s a little slower than the Arbico’s GeForce GTX 680, but a lot less expensive, enabling Yoyotech to include a 23.6in Asus VS247H full-HD monitor and a wired mouse and keyboard, yet still keep the price reasonably low.
Yoyotech Warbird 3570XTA: Specs
- Model name: Warbird 3570XTA
- Processor (overclocked): 3.4GHz (4.5GHz) Intel Core i5 3570K
- CPU cooler: Arctic Freezer Cooler
- Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
- Storage: 2TB SATA HDD + 120GB SATA 6Gbps SSD
- Power suppply: OCZ 550W
- Motherboard: Asus P8Z77V-LX
- USB ports: 3x USB 3.0, 5x USB 2.0
- Screen: 23.6in Asus VS247H (1920x1080)
- Graphics, VRAM, core/memory/shader speeds: PNY Nvidia GeForce GTX 670, 2GB VRAM 915/1502/ns MHz
- Connectivity: Gigabit ethernet
- VGA/DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort (on graphics card): N2YY
- FireWire/eSATA: NN
- Case: Gigabyte LUXO X10
- Keyboard & mouse: Microsoft Wired Desktop 400 keyboard and mouse
- Optical drive: BD-ROM/DVD±RW
- Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- WorldBench 6 score: 209
- Gaming performance (fps): 106/68/53/111
- MediaEspresso time: 4min 3sec
- Power consumption (Idle/Max): 89W/185W