Chillblast Fusion Uzi full review
Clad in a bright blue plastic case, the Chillblast Fusion Uzi certainly stands out from the crowd. It's also the only small form factor PC in the group, featuring a compact Mini-ITX motherboard in the form of Gigabyte's Z87N-WIFI. See all gaming PCs.
That said, it's actually one of the biggest small form factor PCs we've seen and therefore offers enough internal space for some serious gaming components. See also: What's the best gaming PC?
Not only does the Fusion Uzi look different, it also feels different. Its flexible plastic outer shell raises the PC up off the desk, and it really rocks – it has a somewhat bouncy, seasick side-to-side movement when touched. However, it never feels in danger of falling over.
Inside, the PC is densely packed. There's clear access to the drive bays, but the twin fans of the huge factory-overclocked MSI GeForce GTX 770 graphics card obscure the rest of the internals almost completely.
The components you can't see include a 2TB hard drive and a speedy 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD which delivered the best storage performance of the whole group, although both Mesh and Wired2Fire offer double the capacity for their SSDs.
An Intel Core i5-4670K processor is installed, which has been overclocked to 4.4 GHz, helping the Fusion Uzi to the highest overall PCMark7 score of 7045 points. This is a higher score then even Mesh's Core i7-based system, although the latter did pull ahead in those all-important gaming results.
The processor is fitted with a Corsair H55 sealed liquid-cooling unit which provides great cooling despite the more cramped system case. In fact the Fusion Uzi ran cooler than any other overclocked PC in this group test.
That said, the Fusion Uzi is an excellent gaming PC which suffers not a bit from its smaller physical proportions, with gaming results consistent with full-sized PCs using similar components. Neither does it fall short in terms of connectivity, with a total of six USB 3.0 ports. It even finds room for a Blu-ray drive.
The system is supplied with an excellent Iiyama X2377HDS monitor. This 23-inch display boasts a high-quality IPS panel. It'll look jolly good while gaming or doing viewing anything else on your PC.
The Gigabyte Force K3 keyboard is an entry-level gaming keyboard with multi-key rollover, spill-resistant keys and enhanced W,A,S,D and arrow keys. It's complemented by a high-resolution M6800 gaming mouse.
Chillblast Fusion Uzi: Specs
- Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5-4670K (OC 4.4GHz), 4 cores, 4 threads
- CPU Cooler: Corsair H55 liquid Cooler
- Installed memory : 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Storage: "120 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD 2 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD"
- Power supply: Corsair CX 750W
- Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87N-Wi-Fi
- External USB ports: 6 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0
- Display: 23in Iiyama X2377HDS IPS Graphics card: MSI nVidia GeForce GTX 770 with 2GB (overclocked)
- Sound: on-board
- Networking: 2x gigabit ethernet, 802.11n
- Other ports: S/PDIF
- Case: BitFenix Prodigy Blue
- Keyboard & Mouse: Gigabyte M6800 Gaming Mouse and Force K3 Gaming Keyboard
- Optical drive: Pioneer Blu-ray/DVD±RW
- Operating system : Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 7 same price
- Extra items: Optional family software pack
- Warranty: 2 years collect and return
Price comparison from over 24,000 stores worldwide