CyberPower Essential 3000 (early 2013) full review
The CyberPower Essential 3000 is an Office PC featuring an AMD processor. In this case it’s the six-core FX-6100 which runs at speeds of up to 3.3GHz. Despite its preponderance of cores, this processor simply isn’t able to keep up with the latest Intel processors and therefore turns in a pretty dismal performance score in PCMark 7 of 2156 points. See Group test: What's the best business PC?
The FX-6100 doesn’t actually offer six independent cores, instead some components are shared between pairs of cores in a concept rather like an enhanced version of Intel’s Hyperthreading. See all PC reviews.
We were more impressed by the Corsair Carbide 200R system case, which unlike many other boxes issued at this price, includes internal cable management, tool-free bays, front USB 3.0 ports and a memory-card reader.
The system comes with a 24in Asus VS247H monitor which, although it lacks the image quality of the IPS monitor supplied by Chillblast, is a premium model and considerably better than the bargain-bin Edge 10 display supplied with the Eclipse Precision i322H61. It also provides the system with basic sound via its built-in speakers.
A 1TB hard drive is supplied, along with a generous 8GB of system RAM, leaving two slots available for a memory upgrades should you require it.
The supplied Logitech K120 wired keyboard and mouse set is an acceptable budget combo too. Taken in isolation the Essential 3000 would give most office users nothing to complain about.
CyberPower Essential 3000 (early 2013): Specs
- Processor: 3.3GHz AMD FX-6100
- CPU Cooler: AMD Stock cooler
- Installed memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
- Storage: 1TB Toshiba SATA III DT01ACA100
- Power supply: Winpower 450W
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
- External USB ports: 4 x USB 2.0, 4 x USB 3.0
- Display: Asus 24" LED VS247H 1920x 1080, HDMI , D-Sub, DVI-D
- Graphics card: Onboard
- Sound: Onboard
- Speakers: In monitor
- Networking: Gigabit Ethernet
- Audio outputs: Line out, headphone, HDMI audio
- Audio inputs: Line in, mic, HDMI audio
- Video outputs: 1 x DVI, 1 x HDMI, 1 x SVGA
- Other ports: PS2
- Case: Corsair Carbide 200R
- Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech K120 / Logitech B110
- Optical drive: Samsung DVDRW 24x
- Operating system: Windows 8 Pro
- Extra items: 12 in 1 Card Reader
- System weight: 8kg