HP dc7900 full review
With a small form-factor combined with feature-rich performance capabilities, its clear that HP's Compaq dc7900 desktop is designed with small to mid-sized business users in mind.
The HP dc7900 small form factor PC from HP is part of a business desktop line of PCs from the vendor, which also includes an ultra-slim desktop and a convertible minitower model. The dc7900 business desktop PC line is now available worldwide, starting at a list price of £526 inc VAT.
What we liked most about the HP dc7900 small form factor PC was that it was, indeed compact, although not as small as some of the other form factors out there. Measuring at its height, width and depth at just 251x254x66mm, the unit was able to fit comfortably and neatly on top of a desk. With a weight of 3.1kg, we thought the unit could have been built to be a tad bit smaller.
Size and weight aside though, we think the dc7900 computer is an efficient and reliable PC to do daily work on. The computer also doesn't make a lot of noise and we found it turned off and booted up quite quickly.
The HP dc7900 comes with Microsoft's Genuine Windows Vista Business installed and uses an Intel Q45 Express Chipset with an integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator. It runs on the Intel Core processor.
The HP dc7900 has a hard drive capacity of 160GB and its memory goes up to a massive 8GB in size.
HP says the HP dc7900 PC also helps end-users be more energy efficient as it uses low wattage processors and software power management tools to help reduce costs.
The computer features two external USB 2.0 ports with a headphone/line-out and microphone-in slot and also has a DVD drive, all located on the front. On its rear, the HP dc7900 small form factor has six USB ports, one serial, one audio in and one audio out slot.
HP dc7900: Specs
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200/E5200 (2.20 to 2.50GHZ, 1 to 2 MB L2 cache, 800MHZ FSB) or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E7300/E7400/E8400/E8500/E8600 (2.66 to 3.33GHZ, 3 to 6 MB L2 cache, 1066 to 1333MHZ FSB)
- Windows Vista Business
- UP TO 8GB DDR2 RAM
- 512KB, 1, 2, 3 or 6MB L2 cache
- 80GB and 250GB SATA 3.0Gbps 7200rpm
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500 integrated graphics
- Integrated HD audio with ADI1884 codec, internal PC speaker
- HP Slim 8X SATA DVD-ROM Drive, HP Slim 8X SATA SuperMulti LightScribe Drive
- Rear: 6 USB 2.0, 1 DisplayPort, 2 PS/2, 1 RJ-45, 1 VGA, audio in/out
- Front: 2 USB 2.0, audio ports