It's available with black, blue and plum bands to begin with (£19.99 each), but a full range of interchangeable accessories will be available in a variety of colours and styles, plus additional accessories coming soon. One of which is a stainless steel band and frame which will cost £89.99. Read our Fitbit Blaze Hands On Review.
You'll also like: Which is the best Fitbit to buy?
Fitbit Blaze Price UK and US
The Blaze costs £159.99, which is $200 if you're in the US. There's a choice of sizes: Small, Large and XL, and you can check the sizing chart on Fitbit's website to work out which one will fit you best.
Fitbit Blaze features and specifications
Where the Surge has a monochrome screen, the Blaze has a colour screen. As well as interchangeable bands, you can also change the frame to personalise the look of the watch.
Like the Surge, the Blaze isn't a smartwatch. It's somewhere between an activity track and a smartwatch. You get notifications (call, text, calendar alerts) but not the complexity of third-party apps you get with a 'proper' smartwatch.
The battery is said to last up to five days, which immediately makes it more attractive than most of the smartwatches you might be considering that last just one or two days.
The Blaze has heart-rate monitoring and the SmartTrack automatic excercise recognition. The bad news is that the 'Connected GPS' means you'll need to carry your phone if you want to get accurate distance, pace and a route of your run or cycle. Connection is via Bluetooth.
Unlike the Apple Watch it will track your sleep, though, and it works with Android, iOS and Windows Phones.
For more detailed reviews of each Fitbit activity tracker go to our dedicated review pages, listed below:
See also: Fitbit vs Apple watch
Here are the specifications for the Fitbit Blaze:
Sensors & Components
- 3-axis accelerometer
- 3-axis gyroscope
- Optical heart rate monitor
- Ambient light sensor
- Vibration motor
- Touch screen
- Color LCD
Battery and Power
- Battery life: lasts up to 5 days
- Battery type: Lithium-polymer
- Charge time: One to two hours
- Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- Tracks 7 days of detailed motion data – minute by minute
- Tracks daily totals for past 30 days
- Stores heart rate data at 1 second intervals during exercise tracking and at 5 second intervals all other times
Fitbit Blaze is sweat, rain and splash proof, but is not swim proof.
The classic Fitbit Blaze wristband is made of a flexible, durable elastomer material similar to that used in many sports watches, and includes a surgical-grade stainless steel buckle and frame.
Fitbit Blaze syncs automatically and wirelessly to200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devicesusing Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology.
- Syncing range: 20 feet
- Notifications: Text and call via Bluetooth 4.0
- Music control: via Bluetooth Classic
- Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices