When is the LG G Pad X2 release date?
Obviously there’s no price or release date info, but we’ll update this article when rumours – or facts – come to light.
What specs does it have?
Even from the name you can guess it has an 8in screen, but the specs explain it’s a Full HD display with a 1920x1200 resolution, not quite 16:9.
From the images, we can see it works with a dock – an optional accessory - which is called the G Pad Plus Pack.
It has a 4400mAh battery, stereo speakers (2x 3W) and a full-size USB port (plus micro USB for charging). The specs say it will last for three hours of ‘Play time’ and takes four hours to recharge.
Back to the X2 8.0 Plus itself, it’s a mid-range offering with 5Mp front and rear cameras, 32GB of storage and 2GB of RAM. Storage is expandable with a microSD card up to 2TB.
As it’s a T-Mobile device, it has 4G LTE as well as Wi-Fi.
Out of the box it will have Android 7.0 Nougat, which means it’ll probably launch just too early to get Android O.
Although the specs speak of wireless charging, this means charging from the optional dock.
Here are the full specs, including the incomplete ones:
- 8" Full HD, WUXGA 1920 x 1200 display
- 5MP Rear facing camera, 5MP front facing with Auto Shot
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Octa-Core 1.4GHz processor
- 32GB ROM, 2GB RAM
- Usage time: XX hours
- Standby time: XX hours
- Battery size/type: XXXX mAh
- Wireless charging type: Expandable battery
- Keyboard: Touch screen with on-screen keyboard
- Memory: 2 GB RAM, 32 GB ROM
- Supports up to 2 TB MicroSD card
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Processor: List type
- Anti-theft: No
- Advanced messaging: Yes
- Device Unlock App: No
- Emergency Alerts (WEA): No
- SIM card: nano SIM card
- System Manager (Carrier IQ): No
- T-Mobile Video Calling: No
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi web browsing: Wi-Fi sharing
- Micro USB
- Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP (stereo Bluetooth), OPP (Object Push Profile), HFP, AVRCP, PBAP
- Chrome browser
- Tethering APN
- USB Type
- 4G LTE: 2, 4, 5, 12, 66
- 3G / 4G (HSPA / UMTS / HSPA+): 1, 2, 4, 5
- HD Voice Capable: No
- VoLTE Capable: No
- 5 MP (rear facing)
- 5 MP (front facing)
- 4X digital zoom
- Auto focus
- Face detection
- Multiple shooting modes
- Video recording
- Stereo audio (with headset)
- Audio support: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC, WMA, MPEG4, WAV, MIDI
- Image support: GIF87A, GIF87A, PNG
- Video support: 3GP, MP4, AVI, WMV