Initially Mi 9 SE will be officially available only direct from mi.com/uk (and in store at Xiaomi's London Westfield Mi Store), where it costs £349 for the 6GB/64GB option (Ocean Blue) and £399 for the 6GB/128GB variant (Ocean Blue/Piano Black). The Mi 9 SE will be available from other channels in the coming weeks.
If you're happy to import from China you can also find some cracking deals in GearBest's Mid-Year Mega Sale. The 6GB/64GB option is available at just £219.20, while the 6GB/128GB Mi 9 SE costs just £248.
A stripped-down, more compact version of the Mi 9 (reviewed) that is designed to fit comfortably in a single hand, Mi 9 SE has a slightly smaller 5.97in screen and swaps out the Snapdragon 855 for a mid-range 712 running at 2.3GHz. It's just 7.45mm thick and weighs in at 155g.
It's immediately recognisable as a member of the Mi 9 family, with the same 'holographic' (iridescent) rear surface design, 48Mp lens camera at the rear (here paired with 8Mp and 13Mp lenses rather than 16Mp and 12Mp), 20Mp selfie camera and AMOLED Dot Drop screen with in-display fingerprint sensor.
Unlike the standard Mi 9 the SE does not support wireless charging, but its 3,070mAh still supports fast-charging at 18W.
Mi 9 SE specifications
- 5.97in AMOLED FHD+ (2340x1080, 19.5:9) display with Gorilla Glass 5
- MIUI 10 (based on Android 9 Pie)
- 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 10nm octa-core processor
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB storage
- Dual-SIM, dual-standby with Dual-4G
- Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 5.0
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 13Mp (f/2.4, 1.12um) ultra-wide + 48Mp (f/1.75, 1.6um) wide-angle + 8Mp (f/2.4, 1.12um) telephoto triple-lens AI camera
- 20Mp (f/2.0, 1.12um) AI selfie camera
- 3,070mAh battery, 18W wired charging (USB-C)
- Available in Ocean Blue, Piano Black
You'll also like: Best Xiaomi phones