Here's the spec sheet for the OnePlus Nord:
- 6.44in Full HD+ (2400x1080, 408ppi) 20:9 FluidAMOLED 90Hz display
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Face unlock
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB/256GB storage
- Front hole-punch cameras:
- Sony IMX616 32Mp wide sensor w/ f/2.5 aperture, 80.4° FoV
- 8Mp ultra-wide sensor w/ f/2.2 aperture, 105° FoV
- Main cameras:
- Sony IMX586 48Mp wide sensor w/ f/1.75 aperture, OIS, EIS
- 8Mp ultra-wide sensor w/ 119° FoV
- 5Mp depth sensor w/ f/2.4 aperture
- 2Mp macro sensor w/ f/2.4 aperture
- Dual-LED flash
- 5G support (Indian band: N78, European bands: N1,3,7,28,78)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Bluetooth 5.1
- WiFi 2x2 MIMO
- Physical alert slider
- Linear vibration motor
- 4115mAh battery
- 'Warp Charge 30T' 30W fast charging
- 184 grams
- OxygenOS 10.5 (atop Android 10)
- Colours: Marble Blue, Gray Onyx
Aside from a few small tweaks to the speculated setup - namely the use of Gorilla Glass 5 and the version number aside its Oxygen OS user experience - the Nord as we imagined it is pretty much the Nord we've got.
Related: Best cheap 5G phone 2020
In typical OnePlus fashion, the Nord can be had with a lot of RAM (8GB) or a ton of RAM (12GB), while non-expandable storage is available in two generous capacities: 128GB or 256GB.
Perhaps the most interesting aspect of the Nord isn't its 90Hz 'FluidAMOLED' display or the inclusion of 5G but rather its camera setup.
Despite its mid-range standing, the phone leverages the same tried-and-true 48Mp Sony IMX586 sensor that the company has been using on its flagships since the OnePlus 7 line and that means its engineers have had more time to tune imaging software to get the best out of the hardware at play.
The Nord also boasts more cameras outright (six in total) than any other OnePlus phone before; suggesting a more versatile shooting experience than what's possible from the likes of even the OnePlus 8 Pro.
The OnePlus Nord was initially available via limited-time pre-order windows but is now on sale in Europe as of 4 August and India as of 6 August; priced from £379/€399/₹27,999 for the 8GB RAM + 128GB SKU, while the 12GB RAM + 256GB model retails for £469/€499/₹29,999 - making it an impressively competitive mid-range 5G phone.
A third 6GB RAM + 64GB storage SKU is scheduled to launch in India in September, costing ₹24,999 (approximately £260/€290).
We've already unboxed the OnePlus Nord (which you can watch at the top of this article) but you can also read our full review for more detail.
Read next: How/Where to buy the OnePlus Nord