Powering the show is the Snapdragon 636, a 14nm chip from Qualcomm that promises improved performance and efficiency.
Xiaomi Mi Max 3 Price & Availability
There are two versions of the Mi Max 3. A model with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage has an RRP of 1699 yuan, while a 6GB RAM, 128GB storage option has a 1999 yuan RRP. Converted to UK/US prices this is roughly £193/$251 and £227/$295 respectively, but you will pay a little more than this when importing the phone from China.
Beware import duty charges upon shipping to the UK (usually calculated at 20% of the value on the shipping paperwork plus an admin fee of around £11), and look for an international or global model if you can. If it doesn't have Google Play preinstalled, find out how to add Google services here.
The phone is set to compete with Honor's Note 10, which launches at the end of July.
Xiaomi Mi Max 3 specifications
- 6.9in Full-HD+ (2160x1080, 403ppi) 18:9 display
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 octa-core processor
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 4/6GB RAM
- 64/128GB storage, no microSD support
- 12Mp + 5Mp dual-camera
- 8Mp selfie camera with AI Face Unlock
- Dual-SIM dual-standby (2x nano)
- 4G FDD-LTE: B1/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B20
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS
- 5500mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
- MIUI 10 (Android 8.1)
Read next: Best new phones coming in 2018 & beyond