We're still waiting for the LG G9 ThinQ to be unveiled but for now, here are the V60 details you need.
When is the LG V60 ThinQ coming out?
LG has confirmed that the LG V60 ThinQ will be released in North America, Europe and Asia starting in March - so it seems at the moment, that the coronavirus hasn't delayed things.
When we have more specific info, hopefully including UK details, we'll let you know.
How much will the LG V60 ThinQ cost?
We don't have a price for the V60 but we're keeping our fingers crossed for a lower price tag compared to the LG V50 which came in at US$999 or £820.
What are we expecting from the LG V60 ThinQ?
Instead of offering a single display that unfolds into a single larger one, the LG V60 ThinQ comes at the idea of dual screens from a different perspective.
Like the V50, it has a second screen accessory - essentially a case - that adds a 20.5:9 P-OLED display that uses a Full HD+ resolution to use alongside the main phone. It opens up via hinges much like Nintendo's family of DS handheld consoles.
The main screen is the same size at 6.8in with the same specs. When the Dual Scren case is shut, users can take advantage of the 2.1in Cover Display to get information quickly.
LG says doubling the screen size makes "multitasking, productivity, gaming and entertainment more enjoyable than ever."
Moving on, the V60 ThinQ is one of the first phones to come with Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 865 processor and supports 5G networks thanks to the X55 modem for, in theory, multi-gigabit performance.
As with any flagship smartphone in 2020, there are plenty of cameras on offer starting with a 64Mp camera featuring an f/1.8 aperture. There's also a 13Mp Super Wide camera with 117 degree view and a ToF (time of flight) Z Camera. It can record video at 8K resolution. At the front is a 10Mp camera.
Other specs include a 5000mAh battey, in-screen fingerprint scanner and up to 256GB of storage. LG still very much cares about audio, so there's a headphone jack, stereo speakers and a 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC among other things.
The firm says a feature called Voice Bokeh "separates users’ voices from background noise, allowing content creators to place more focus on the subject while reducing excess noise."
Here are the full LG V60 specs followed by the Dual Screen:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Mobile Platform with Snapdragon X55 5G Modem
- Display: 6.8in 20.5:9 FHD+ P-OLED FullVision (2,460 x 1,080 / 395ppi)
- Memory: 8GB RAM / 128GB or 256GB ROM1 / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear: 64Mp Standard2 (F1.8 / 0.8μm / 78˚) / 13Mp Super Wide (F1.9 / 1.0μm / 117˚) / Z Camera (ToF Receiver / Emitter)
- Front: 10Mp Standard (F1.9 / 1.22μm / 72.5˚)
- Battery: 5,000mAh
- Operating System: Android 10
- Size: 169.3 x 77.6 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 214g
- Network: 5G / LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac, ax / Bluetooth 5.1 / NFC / USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Compatible)
- Biometrics: In-Display Fingerprint Sensor
- Colors: Classy Blue, Classy White
- Others: Stereo Speaker / 4Ch Microphones / AI CAM / Google Lens / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / LG 3D Sound Engine / HDR10+ / Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ / MIL-STD 810G Compliance / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / LG Pay / FM Radio
- Display: 6.8in 20.5:9 FHD + P-OLED FullVision (2,460 x 1,080 / 395ppi)
- Cover Display: 2.1in Mono
- Size: 175.9 x 86 x 14.9mm
- Weight: 134g
- Contact Type: USB Type-C
- Folding Type: 360 Freestop Hinge
- Colors: Black, White
Read next: Best New Phones Coming in 2020