There's already rumours about the V40, codenamed Storm, arriving later this year.
When is the LG V35 ThinQ release date?
The LG V35 ThinQ is available to pre-order on 1 June and will then go on sale 8 June. This is in the US where the phone will be available via AT&T, according to our colleagues at PC World.
In the UK, there's no confirmation yet as to whether the V35 will launch but we'll update this article if that changes but it doesn't look good.
LG says: "The newest V series device will be rolling out in the Americas starting in June followed by limited markets in Asia, Middle East and Africa."
How much will the LG V35 ThinQ cost?
There's no official price for the V35 yet but we're hearing it will be similar to the previous V-series phones.
So that puts it at around the £700-800/$700-800 mark. Again, we'll update this when we have more information.
What are the LG V35 ThinQ specs?
LG says: "The LG V35 ThinQ continues to inject new energy into the V series platform with even faster performance, and enhanced photography, audio and AI functionalities."
As expected, the V35 has a 6in OLED Quad HD+ screen with an 18:9 aspect ratio - and it doesn't have a notch like the G7.
Another key upgrade is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, which is accompanied by 6GB of RAM and at least 64GB of storage.
There's a bigger battery than the G7 at 3300mAh but generally many specs are the same including the dual rear cameras, Quad DAC, DTS-X virtual surround sound, wireless charging and IP68 waterproofing.
Really the only thing unique to the G7 is the Boombox Speaker and the aforementioned notch.
Here's the full spec sheet for the LG V35 ThinQ:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- 6in 18:9 QuadHD+ OLED FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 538ppi)
- V35+ ThinQ: 6GB RAM / 128GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- V35 ThinQ: 6GB RAM / 64GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear 16MP Super Wide Angle (F1.9 / 107°)
- Rear 16MP Standard Angle (F1.6 / 71°)
- Front 8MP Wide Angle (F1.9 / 80°)
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm
- LTE-A 4 Band CA
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac
- Bluetooth 5.0 BLE
- USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colors: New Aurora Black, New Platinum Gray
- IP68 Water and Dust Resistant
- 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC
- DTS: X 3D Surround Sound
- Face Recognition
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Technology
- Wireless Charging
Read next: Best new phones coming in 2018 and beyond