Where to get Christmas Google Pixel 4/4XL deals
Amazon, Argos and Currys PC World should be your first port of call, but don't forget about eBay. Currys and Argos both have official shops there, and you'll often find discounts which aren't available on their own sites.
How much does the Pixel 4 and 4 XL cost?
With four phones in the Pixel 4 range, pricing at launch varied quite dramatically. Here's the breakdown:
- Pixel 4 64GB - £669/US$799
- Pixel 4 128GB - £769/US$899
- Pixel 4 XL 64GB - £829/US$899
- Pixel 4 XL 128GB - £929/US$999
Google's Pixel 4 and 4 XL phones offer a stock version of Android, powerful dual-lens camera and 90Hz refresh rate display. The latter is becoming increasingly common on modern smartphones, although Google's 'Smooth Display' tech means it automatically switches between 60Hz and 90Hz depending on what you're doing. You also get a Snapdragon 855 processor, Qualcomm's latest at the time of release, and a free upgrade to Android 11.
Best Pixel 4 and 4 XL SIM-free deals
Multiple retailers have slashed hundreds of pounds off the RRPs of both models:
- BT - £250 off 64GB plus free case worth up to £30
- Carphone Warehouse - £100 off 64GB
- Amazon - multiple sellers offering big discounts on 64GB (used and new)
- Currys PC World - £100 off 64GB
If you're looking at the 4 XL, check out these retailers:
Any further retailers will be displayed below:
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 XL
Best Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL contract deals?
The Pixel 4 and 4 XL phones are available on contract from a wide range of networks, with the notable exception of O2. However, if you're considering buying SIM-free, O2's SIM-only deals include 6 months of Disney+ for free.
Currently, the Pixel 4 and 4 XL are available on contract via the following:
- Carphone Warehouse - Pixel 4 (64GB) from £28.99 per month with £29.99 upfront for 1GB data, or step up to £35.99 (£29.99 upfront) for 72GB data.
- Vodafone - Pixel 4 (64GB) from £34 per month with £29 upfront, Pixel 4 XL (64GB) from £47 per month with £29 upfront. Used models also available
- Mobiles.co.uk - Pixel 4 (64GB) from £19 per month with £370 upfront. Recommended deal: £28 per month with £279.99 upfront for 24GB data (Vodafone)
- EE - Pixel 4 (64GB) - £27 per month with £50 upfront for 10GB data or £32 per month with £50 upfront for 4GB plus choice of subscription or other benefit. Pixel 4 XL (64GB, used) - £28 per month with £50 upfront for 10GB data or £33 per month with £50 upfront for 4GB plus choice of subscription or other benefit
The phone is currently out of stock at Three, and it's not clear when it will be available again.
Should I wait until closer to Christmas?
A few retailers' Black Friday sales are continuing, and there may be further discounts later in the month, but our advice remains the same. With so much uncertainty around finance and retail, and no guarantees regarding what we will see, we suggest you don't wait around. If you see a deal you like, on a product you need, and you can afford the outlay, buy it today.