An update will arrive sooner on 17 September (on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One), though, with a focus on improving the starter experience for new commanders. So if you haven't played Elite Dangerous yet then it's not too late.
This upgrade will include a fully-voiced, in-ship tutorial showing you the basics of space flight, combat, travelling and scanning.
It will also have a reworking of Frontier Points which will be called Arx. These will be available to purchase in-game or earned by activities then be used for things like paint jobs, ship kits and bobbleheads.
Back to the Fleet Carries coming in the December patch, here are some more details:
- Purchasable with a large amount of credits
- One Fleet Carrier per Commander
- Available for base game and Horizons players
- Fleet Carriers have a total of 16 Landing Pads, composed of:
- 8 Large
- 4 Medium
- 4 Small
- Set permissions to allow others to dock at your Fleet Carrier
- All Fleet Carriers feature rearm, refuel and repair services
- Commanders can choose a number of loadouts for their Fleet Carrier, governing services/module and ship availability to support a number of different activities, such as:
- Bounty Hunter
- Search and Rescue
- 500 LY jump range (per jump)
- Schedule jumps from the Galaxy Map when you want and from wherever you are in the galaxy
- Commanders require a unique resource to fuel the Fleet Carrier in order for it to jump