• Burial at Sea - Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock!
• Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
• Columbia's Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.
BioShock The Collection is official and will launch on PS4, Xbox One and PC later this year. Here's what you need to know about the BioShock The Collection release release date, price and what the 2K remastered collection includes. Read: The most anticipated games of 2016.
Update 17 Aug: Coinciding with Gamescom 2016 a new BioShock The Collection remastered trailer has been released showing the difference between the original and the new version in its 1080p and 60fps glory. Watch it above and the original trailer at the bottom of the page.
With the BioShock remastered collection of games, now is a great time for fans to relive the series or for anyone who missed the games first time around to play on next-gen consoles (and PC).
BioShock The Collection release date, price and pre-order
Now made official by 2K Games, the BioShock The Collection release date is 13 September for North America. It will launch on 15 September in Australia and 19 September internationally.
The UK seems to be separate from those dates as the BioShock The Collection release date here is 16 September, going by Amazon.
BioShock The Collection: What's included?
2K Games said you asked for it so here is it, the remastered collection of titles including BioShock, BioShock 2 and BioShock Infinte –working with Blind Squirrel Games to make them 'look better than ever'.
"The weapons, plasmids, levels, and character models that shocked you years ago have been reskinned and retextured to look better than ever. On top of that, all single-player DLC created for all three games comes loaded in one package," said 2K.
It's worth noting, however, that the PC version of Infinite has not been remastered because it 'already meets current-gen console standards and runs smoothly on high visual settings'. Also the collection doesn't include BioShock 2 multiplayer.
Here's what you get in BioShock The Collection:
• The video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” featuring Ken Levine, creative director on BioShock and BioShock Infinite and Shawn Robertson, animation lead on BioShock and animation director on BioShock Infinite.
• Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never made it into the original game.
• Challenge Rooms: Outside the story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies. And achievements, of course.
• Minerva's Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you've never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva's Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
• Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.