Here are some of the highlights of the drone:
- 1/2in 48Mp sensor
- 4K / 60fps video @ 120Mb/sec
- Slo-mo 1080p @ 240fps
- 4K / 30fps HDR video
- Up to 34-minute flight time
- Ocusync 2.0 (10km range)
- FocusTrack (including Spotlight 2.0, ActiveTrack 3.0 and POI 3.0)
- APAS 3.0
When is the Mavic Air 2 release date?
DJI launched the Air 2 globally on 28 April, with no live stream or event. It’s available to buy immediately in China, but in other countries you’ll be able to pre-order and expect your Mavic Air 2 to arrive in mid-May. In the UK you can pre-order the new drone from Heliguy, among other DJI partners.
The coronavirus pandemic has caused a shortage of components requires for ADS-B (AirSense) so this feature will only be available on North American models to begin with. Those sold elsewhere will lack it but will otherwise identical.
How much does the Mavic Air 2 cost?
It’s the same as its predecessor. That means £769 / $799 / €849. And that’s for the standard package, which includes the controller, spare props and a single battery.
The Fly More kit comes with three batteries, ND filters, a shoulder bag and a charging hub. That’s £949 / $999 / €1049.
What are the Mavic Air 2 specifications?
- Size folded: 180×97×84 mm
- Size unfolded: 183×253×77 mm
- Weight: 570g
- Max flight time: 34 minutes
- Max flight speed: 19m/s (Sport mode), 5m/s (Tripod mode)
- Max wind resistance: 8.-10.5m/s
- Internal storage: 8GB (microSD up to 256GB)
- Camera sensor: 1/2in CMOS, 48Mp (8000x6000 pixels)
- Camera lens: f/2.8, FOV 84°, 24mm equivalent
- Gimbal: 3-axis mechanical
- Photos: 12Mp or 48Mp JPG / DNG (RAW)
- Video: Up to 4K / 60fps, HDR up to 4K / 30fps.
- Max bitrate: 120Mb/sec
- Colour profiles: D-Cinelike, Normal
- Video formats: MP4 / MOV; H.265 / H.264 AVC; H.265 / H.264 HEVC
- Vision system: Forward, backward, downward
For more, read our first impressions of the Mavic Air 2.