Earlier today Xiaomi confirmed the Mi 9T (reviewed) in special events in Madrid, Milan and Paris. Retailing from 329€ with 6GB of RAM and 64GB storage, the Mi 9T is a rebadged Redmi K20 Pro, with a truly full-screen display and a huge 4000mAh battery.
Sitting in the range between Mi 9 and Mi 9 SE, Mi 9T should be slightly faster than the mid-range Mi 9 SE but is still a mid-range phone. It uses the Mi 9's display and the SE's camera, and adds a pop-up selfie camera, a higher-capacity battery and a headphone jack.
Mi 9T Pricing & Availability
Mi 9T will also be available with 128GB of storage, for now only the 64GB model is available. It comes in three gradient finishes: Carbon Black, Red Flame and Glacier Blue.
Mi 9T Specifications
As expected, the Mi 9T enables a truly full-screen display experience on its Mi 9-mirroring 6.39in AMOLED panel by swapping out the screen notch in favour of a pop-up unit that reveals a 20Mp selfie camera.
Around the back the photography features get more exciting, with Mi 9T rocking the same triple-lens camera as the Mi 9 SE. It's a 48Mp + 13Mp + 8Mp setup that uses pixel-binning to combine four pixels into one, resulting in 12Mp photos of superior quality.
Many of the other Mi 9T rumours were true, save for the fact Mi 9T does not support 27W wireless charging. You can, however, fast-charge the Mi 9T's 4000mAh battery at 18W over a wired connection.
The Mi 9T uses the Snapdragon 730 processor, running at 2.2GHz, which comprises the Kryo 470 and 618MHz Adreno 618 GPU.
Full specifications are as follows:
- 6.39in Full-HD+ (2340x1080, 403ppi) AMOLED display, Gorilla Glass 5
- MIUI 10 (based on Android 9 Pie)
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 10nm processor
- 610MHz Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB storage
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual-SIM dual-standby with dual-4G
- Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 48Mp (f/1.75, 1.6um) + 13Mp (f/2.4, 1.12um) + 8Mp (f/2.4, 1.12um) camera, 2x optical/10x digital zoom, 4K video
- 20Mp (f/2.2, 0.8um) pop-up selfie camera, 1080p video
- 4,000mAh battery, 18W fast-charging over USB-C