On 25 April Xiaomi confirmed the Mi 6X, which runs MIUI 9. It will soon be reintroduced running Android One as the Mi A2, and you'll be able to buy it in the UK, US and elsewhere through Chinese importers such as GearBest.
Mi 6X/Mi A2 confirmed specifications
- Design: Full metal unibody
- Colours: Cherry Pink, Flame Red, Sand Gold, Glacier Blue, Black
- Display: 5.99in Full-HD+
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- Screen Lock: Face Unlock
- Primary camera: 20Mp + 12Mp Sony IMX486 Picture Perfect dual-camera, f/1.75, 1.25um pixels
- Front camera: 20Mp Sony IMX376
- AI Scene detection: Intelligent optimisation after a photo has been taken
- Battery: 3010mAh
- Charging: USB-C, Quick Charge 3 (50% in 30 mins)
- Size: 7.6mm thick, 166g
When is the Xiaomi Mi 6X and Mi A2 release date?
The Mi 6X was announced on 25 April 2018, three months earlier than anticipated.
The Mi A1 was announced on 5 September, but we suspect the Mi A2 launch will also come early: it's already up for pre-order at digitec.ch, and has now passed NCC certification.
A likely release date for the Mi A2 is between 23 and 26 July, when Xiaomi will be hosting a Mi Explorer programme in Madrid, Spain. Accepting entries between 26 June and 1 July, the programme offers chosen fans an all expenses paid trip to Spain to watch a new device being unveiled. You can sign up here.
Also see: Best Xiaomi Phones 2018
How much does the Xiaomi Mi 6X cost?
The Mi 6X is available in three models:
- 4GB RAM + 64GB storage: 1599 Yuan (£181.67/US$253.35)
- 6GB RAM + 64GB storage: 1799 Yuan (£204.39/$285.04)
- 6GB RAM + 256GB storage: 1999 Yuan (£227.12/$316.73)
You will need to factor in import duty (20 percent) if you plan to ship one of these devices from the likes of GearBest.
Expect pricing to be the same for the Mi A2. It is, after all, the exact same phone.
Xiaomi Mi 6X camera samples
Xiaomi has offered some example shots taken using the Mi 6X's selfie camera:
Xiaomi Mi 6X pictures
Read next: Best new phones coming in 2018