On 25 April Xiaomi confirmed the Mi 6X running MIUI 9, and on 24 July it will be followed by the Mi A2 (an Android One version of the same phone) and the Mi A2 Lite.
Mi A2 specifications
- Design: Full metal unibody
- Colours: Cherry Pink, Flame Red, Sand Gold, Glacier Blue, Black
- Display: 5.99in Full-HD+
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- Screen Lock: Face Unlock
- Primary camera: 20Mp + 12Mp Sony IMX486 Picture Perfect dual-camera, f/1.75, 1.25um pixels
- Front camera: 20Mp Sony IMX376
- AI Scene detection: Intelligent optimisation after a photo has been taken
- Battery: 3010mAh
- Charging: USB-C, Quick Charge 3 (50% in 30 mins)
- Size: 7.6mm thick, 166g
Xiaomi has confirmed that the Mi A2 Lite will also feature a dual-camera, but we don't know any other specs for it yet.
When is the Mi A2 release date?
The Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite will be announced in Spain on 24 July. We'll bring you full details of the new phones on the day.
Also see: Best Xiaomi Phones 2018
How much will the Xiaomi Mi A2 cost?
Expect the Mi A2 to cost the same as its Chinese counterpart, the Mi 6X:
- 4GB RAM + 64GB storage: 1599 Yuan (£181.67/US$253.35) RRP
- 6GB RAM + 64GB storage: 1799 Yuan (£204.39/$285.04) RRP
- 6GB RAM + 256GB storage: 1999 Yuan (£227.12/$316.73) RRP
You would need to factor in import duty (20 percent) if you were to ship one of these devices from China, but since this phone is being launched in Spain you can avoid this by selecting a model from a EU warehouse - GearBest can accommodate this.
We do not have any pricing info for the Mi A2 Lite but would expect it to be a little cheaper.
Xiaomi has offered some example shots taken using the Mi 6X's selfie camera, which will be the same camera used on the Mi A2:
Again, these are images of the Mi 6X, but the Mi A2 will have the same design.
Read next: Best new phones coming in 2018