The vast majority of the time it's going to be fine to use the default Windows 10 keyboard layout, but what do you do when it's the wrong one? Here we show you how to change the keyboard layout and language in Windows 10.
How to add a keyboard layout in Windows 10
- Click the start menu or hit the Windows key.
- Click on Settings
- Click on Time & language
- Click on Region & language
- Click on the language you wish to add a keyboard layout to
- Click on Options
- Click on Add a keyboard
- Click on the keyboard you want to add
How to change the keyboard layout in Windows 10
- Press and hold the Windows key
- Press spacebar (keep pressing to scroll through options)
- Alternatively, click the icon next to the keyboard icon in the system tray and choose the layout you want
- If you're using the on-screen keyboard click the bottom-right button and select