You can turn a JPG image - such as a photo - into a PDF. There are various ways to achieve this, all of which can be free and none require you to install any software, though you might prefer that option if you need more control.
Windows 10 has built-in tools which will do the job, or you can upload JPGs to a website which will convert them and give you a link to download the PDF version.
How do I convert a JPG to a PDF?
Starting with tools you probably already have, Windows has a built-in PDF printer.
You may even have more than one of these, especially if you've got Adobe Reader DC installed.
What it means is that you'll see the option to 'print' to PDF when you open the print settings in any app that can print, including those which can open JPG files.
When you select the printer called Microsoft Print to PDF, it will save the files as a PDF. To do this:
1. Open Windows File Explorer (the shortcut is Windows+E).
2. Find the JPG file(s) you want to convert. You can select multiple files by clicking and dragging a rectangle around them, or by holding the Ctrl key on your keyboard and clicking on each one you want.
Obviously the files need to be in the same folder for this to work. Choosing multiple JPG files will create a multi-page PDF document.
3. Now right-click on any of the selected files and choose Print.
This opens up Windows' built-in image printing wizard. Here you need to change the printer to Microsoft Print to PDF. If that's missing from the list, install Adobe Reader DC as mentioned above.
4. You can use the options available in the wizard to put multiple images on each page of the PDF, and even change the page size from A4 to another size.
5. Once you've set all your options click Print.
You'll see the printing progress happening just as if the file was being printed normally but at the end a box will pop up asking where you want to save your PDF. You'll also need to enter a file name.
Click the Save button and your PDF will be created, ready to share with anyone you like.
Ho do I convert JPG to PDF online?
There are lots of websites where you can upload your JPG files and convert them into one PDF. Or you can create a PDF from a single image.
All the websites work in the same basic way. We're using JPG2PDF here. Unlike some of these free services, this one has no file size limit and won't put a watermark on the PDFs.
1. Click the link above to go to the site and either drag and drop your JPGs or click the Upload Files button.
2. When your files are all uploaded, click the COMBINED button which should really say 'Download' as that's what it does.
You may have to edit the filename after it has downloaded as it defaults to jpg2pdf.pdf.