Changing your profile picture on Facebook is easy on Android; you just have to know where to look. Here's where we show you how to do it. (See all Android tutorials.)
There are two main ways you can change your profile picture on Android. One is incredibly straightforward and lets you change it to any picture you already have loaded to your Facebook page. The other is a little more tricky, but it opens up the option of using pictures taken on your Android smartphone or tablet as your new Facebook profile. This is where we show you how to do both.
How to change your Facebook profile picture on Android: Using a picture from your smartphone/tablet
Changing your Facebook Profile Picture from your Android device should not be challenging or take a long time.
1. Start by opening the Facebook App and logging in. Then go directly to your profile page.
2. Once you're in your profile page, tap on your profile picture. When you do this, two options will pop up. Select “Edit Profile Picture”
3. You will then be able to browse through your device's photos. Once you have chosen one, simply select it and you will be taken to the next step.
4. Move and scale: You will have the option of moving and/or rescaling your photo to suit your preferences. If you wish to maintain the original size and position, simply press Done.
How to change your Facebook profile picture on Android: Taking a picture from a Facebook album
1. Once again, start by opening the Facebook app and logging in. After this, go to your Profile page. Once you are in your Profile Page, tap on the Photos square were you will be able to see photos of you and your Albums. Select Albums.
2. Select the album where the picture you want to take is located.
3. Search for the picture you want and select it. Once you have your image, tap on the Options button at the bottom of the screen.
Select “Make profile picture”.
4. Move and scale: You will have the option of moving and/or rescaling your photo to suit your preferences. Select Done when you are finished.