eBay has in the past been the subject of data breaches, and you never really know if it could happen again. So it pays to routinely change your eBay password. It's a process that takes only seconds, but could be key to securing your personal data.
- Log into your eBay account in a browser
- Click on the down arrow next to 'Hello, [your name]' at the top left of the window
- Choose Account Settings
- From the sidebar on the left choose Personal information (you can also access this screen via My eBay, Account)
- Click Edit next to Password
- Enter your password again before you can make changes
- In the next window enter your current password, new password and new password again before clicking Submit
Create a secure password
If you are going to change your eBay password, now is a great time to swap your existing password for a secure, alphanumeric password that will not be easily guessed. You'll find instructions on how to create a secure password for your eBay account in our article: How to create a strong password.