The ability to block individual websites is something everyone should know how to do, as it can increase your security and help protect you online. Using the Block Site extension for Google Chrome, you can block websites from being accessed or from appearing within Google searches.
If you're worried about keeping yourself safe online then we have a guide for that too.
How to block websites in Google Chrome
- Head over to the Chrome webstore and find Block Site. Hit the ‘Add to Chrome’ button at the top right of the page
- You will be asked to confirm your choice. Hit ‘Ok’ and the extension will be installed
- You'll now find a Block Site icon at the top right of your browser (as seen below)
- Click this icon to access the 'Block this site' option. You can click this button on any site you're currently visiting
- Alternatively, if you don't wish to visit the site at all, click ‘Edit block sites list’ and enter the URL of the site
- Hitting ‘Edit block sites list’ will open up the below page, where you can add or remove websites to your block list
- On the left side of the page you will see a settings option. Clicking this will bring up a few choices, including adding password access to blocked pages. Upon clicking these check boxes, you will be prompted to enter a password
- You can add as many sites as you would like to this list, and the password protection means that these can only be altered by you