The police and government are able to track your location via your mobile network, but is it possible for you - a member of the general public - to track a smartphone's whereabouts in the same way?
Spy apps such as Spyine let you do exactly this, but you'll need access to the phone and its owner's permission to first install the software on the device. This is important, because it stops the app being misused for stalking. However, it could be a handy solution if you're looking to monitor young children who are leaving home unattended, possibly for the first time.
Compatible with both Android phones and iPhones, Spyine is a well-known software for remotely tracking mobile phones, offering location updates at frequent intervals. It can also be used for tracking other device activities.
Spyine is a reputable solution that is used by parents and employers in more than 190 countries globally, with over a million app downloads to date. It neither stores nor shares your personal details.
What information does Spyine reveal?
- Virtual map: The app shows you the device location on a virtual, interactive map. You can also see where the device was located over previous weeks
- Addresses: The location log keeps tabs on the exact address of the location, providing the street name, address, neighbourhood, city and the exact geographical coordinates
- Google Maps: Integration with Google Maps enables you to access the location with familiar features such as Google's 3D Street View
- Timestamps: Spyine tracks the time and date the device visited a particular location
In addition to live location tracking, the app also supports SIM card and cellular network tracking:
- Phone number tracker: Spyine tracks the SIM card and, by extension, the phone number the person is using. You can ask to be sent an email if they change their phone number
- SIM card log: The SIM log tracks important SIM information, such as the IMEI number
- Location tracker: The location tracker in the SIM window can show the SIM card’s location based on cellular network information
No root or jailbreak is required
An advantage of using Spyine’s phone tracker is that you don’t need to root or jailbreak the target device. This is a requirement for some such apps.
We don’t recommend rooting or jailbreaking unless you know exactly what you're doing. Not only is it difficult, but it can also leave the device open to malware and data loss. In many cases, it will also void the warranty.
Spyine works on stock Android and iOS devices and has minimal setup. You will need access to the Android device you want to track, while iPhones can be configured remotely when you connect to the device's iCloud account.
How to track phone location with Spyine
It takes about 10 minutes to set up Spyine to track a phone location using the phone number.
If you want to track an Android phone, you must first install the Spyine app on that device. You will need to register an account and sign up to a monthly subscription, but thereafter you can remotely manage the account via the dashboard on a second phone or in a computer browser.
It's possible to remotely install Spyine on an iPhone, but you will need to enter that device's iCloud username and password in order to do so. The app then accesses iCloud Backup to confirm the device's location.
A live demo is available on the website.
Should you subscribe to Spyine?
Spyine works better than a phone look-up service, which isn't able to track a phone’s real-time location. The app is easy to install and use, and offers several useful features. It’s the most convenient way to track a mobile phone using its phone number.