Making a mailing list in Gmail is extremely useful if you’d like to send the same email to several different contacts. Luckily, Google has been kind enough to build this feature right into the Gmail web-client and we’re going to show you how to set one up.
How to create a mailing list in Gmail
- Head on over to the Google Contacts Page
- Move your mouse over the contacts you’d like on the list, and click on the tick box that appears to include them.
- At the top right of the screen, you’ll find the ‘Labels’ icon. It looks like a thick arrow pointing to the right.
- When the drop down box appears, click ‘Create Label’ and enter a name for your mailing list such as ‘family’ - and click OK.
How to send an email to a mailing list in Gmail
- Once you have created your mailing list, you’ll then want to send out an email to them. Follow the steps below to do just that.
- Head over to Gmail and click the ‘Compose’ button on the left-hand side.
- In the field where you would usually type an e-mail address, enter the name of your new mailing list - Gmail will pop up with a box and display that mailing list with a couple of the contacts within it.
- Select your mailing list from this helpful pop-up box.
- You’ll see your new mailing list in the ‘To’ box at the top of the email.
- Create your email as you would like, and when you’re done hit ‘send’. This will send the email to everyone on the mailing list you had selected.
It really is as simple as that. You can always edit your mailing list at any time by going back to your Google Contacts Page, finding your mailing list and removing or adding names.