If your texts and calls don't seem to be making it through to friends, family or colleagues, there's a chance your number may have been blocked. Here's how Android users can check as to whether that's the case.
Ultimately, the easiest way is also the most direct, asking the contact you're trying to communicate with whether or not your number is on their block list.
How to check whether you're on a person's Blocked Number list on Android
While we're here, to check whether your number is on someone's blocked numbers list, they need to open their Contacts app, access its settings menu and tap on 'Blocked numbers'.
By deleting a blocked number from the subsequent list, said number will no longer be blocked and your calls/messages should make it to their device again.
How to check if your number's been blocked on Android
Now, presume you don't have a line of communication to the person who you think has blocked you. On Android devices, there's an alternative workaround to tell whether your number's been blocked:
- Open the Contacts app on your phone
- Find the contact who you think has blocked your number
- Tap the three dots in the top corner of the screen
- Tap 'delete' (make sure to back up your chosen contact's details before you delete their entry in the Contacts app - assuming you want to re-add them, even if your number is still blocked)
- Close Contacts by long-pressing the home button/swiping up from the bottom of the screen and holding until all open apps are visible, then swipe Contacts up and off the screen
- Reopen Contacts
- Search for the deleted contact using the search bar at the top of the screen
If the contact in question - the one you just deleted - shows up as a suggested contact, then chances are they haven't blocked your number. If nothing relevant shows up, there's a chance that they have.