Google's Wear OS, previously called Wear OS (which we preferred) is one of the most popular operating systems for wearables and can be found on many of the best smartwatches you can buy. If you've just got your hands on one then here's how to set up and use an Wear OS smartwatch.
The setup process for Wear OS is fairly simple and straightforward but we're here to help if you're struggling at all. Below we've listed what you need to do on the watch and your phone to get going and you can watch the video above to see the whole process along with the basics of using Wear OS.
Set up Wear OS – on your smartwatch
• Unbox your Wear OS smartwatch
• Chare it up with the supplied charger
• Switch it on
Set up Wear OS – on your smartphone
• Download and install the Wear OS app
• Switch Bluetooth on
• Open the app
Set up Wear OS – how to pair
• Select the language on the smartwatch
• Select the watch via the Wear OS app
• Check the codes match and confirm on both devices
• Switch on notification access for Wear OS on smartphone when prompted
• Follow tutorial on smartwatch
When the two are paired, you’ll see 'Connected' on the Wear OS app on your phone. When they’re not paired, you’ll see Disconnected on your watch’s screen with an icon showing a cloud with a line through it.
Set up Wear OS - connect multiple watches
If you want to, you can connect multiple Wear OS watches to the same phone. Simply open the Wear OS app on your phone and select 'Add new watch' which is in the drop down menu next to the connected watch's name.
Note that you can’t pair a watch with more than one phone or tablet.