Getting up in the morning is rarely a pleasure, but doing it to the sound of your favourite song might just make it that much easier.
With Smartphones becoming so much more flexible and versatile, we are able to customize them to our own personal tastes – and while being able to customize your alarm has been around for a long time, it’s always good to know how to do!
Looking to get the most out of your phone? Check our our best Android tips & tricks!
How to set any song as alarm on Android
First of all you’re going to need your desired song on your phone.
- Plug your phone into your computer via USB.
- You will then be able to open up your phone’s storage under ‘Computer’. You should see your phone there below your PC’s disk drives.
- Find your song on your PC ideally in an MP3 or MP4 format.
- Copy the song into your Android’s internal storage into the Alarms file.
- When the song has appeared in your Android you can safely disconnect your phone from your computer.
Now you have your song on your phone, find your way to your clock app. We’ll talk about the stock clock app that your phone has by default as an example, but any downloaded clock apps will almost certainly contain this option as well.
- Open up your clock app and tap the alarm clock symbol so you’re on the alarm screen.
- Once you’re there, hit the plus at the bottom of the screen to create a new alarm.
- Select the time you want and then hit confirm. You can now see your newly created alarm.
- Near the bell in the centre of the screen you can see a title, tap this to change your default alarm tone.
- You should now be able to see the MP3 that you saved into your alarm file, select it and tap OK.
Your chosen song will now play when your alarm goes off!
Forgotten your phone pin code or password? Check out our guide for getting past your lock screen without a code.