Hosting on Twitch allows you to showcase another streamer on your channel, allowing your viewers to enjoy other popular streams when you’re not streaming. It’s also a way for more established Twitch streamers to showcase up-and-coming talent, exposing them to a large fanbase and hopefully increasing their following. But while hosting on Twitch isn’t a new concept, there’s still a lot of confusion about how to actually do it.
Fear not; we at Tech Advisor are Twitch experts, and here, we explain how to host on Twitch via desktop and mobile. For those interested in streaming, take a look at how to stream on Twitch, along with our selection of the best streaming software and the best capture cards too.
How to host on Twitch
The good news is that because you’re not actually streaming yourself, you can set up hosting on Twitch not only via your PC or Mac, but mobile too, with very little effort. We break down the methods below:
On PC and Mac
- Head to the Twitch website on any supported browser, and log in to your Twitch account. If you’re yet to open an account, you can create one right here.
- Click on your profile icon on the top-right of the Twitch website and click Channel to head to your personal Twitch channel.
- On your channel, click on the chat window on the right of the page and type /Host XX, replacing XX with the username of the Twitch channel that you’d like to host. It’s not as user-friendly as the likes of Twitter and Instagram and won’t autofill, so make sure you get the username correct.
- If your chosen channel is streaming, you’ll then see their stream appear on your page!
- To stop hosting another channel, simply type /Unhost in your chat to remove it from your Channel.
- Download the Twitch app from the App Store or Google Play, depending on your mobile OS.
- Open the app and log in/create an account if you haven’t already got one.
- Tap your Account icon – it’s in the upper-right on Android, and upper-left on iOS.
- Tap the Chat tab to access your Channel’s chat window.
- As on desktop, type /Host XX, replacing XX with the username of the channel you’d like to host.
- Hosting should begin immediately.
- To stop hosting the channel, type /unhost in your channel chat.