HBO Max is the third streaming service from HBO, and is the biggest one yet. As well as the usual library of HBO classics, you also get access to a whole bunch of Warner Bros owned films and shows, including DC superhero flicks, sitcoms like Friends and newer blockbusters.
HBO Max is currently ready to stream on numerous smart devices. It’s only available in the US - but there is a way to stream it from the UK through using a VPN. This tutorial is for those of you who want to download the app on an Amazon Fire TV Stick or Fire TV. We have a similar guide if you want to get HBO Max on Roku.
You can sign up for HBO Max on the website for $14.99 per month. If you’re confused about the different types of streaming services that HBO offers, then take a look at our explainer article of HBO Now, HBO Go and HBO Max.
Is HBO Max available on my Amazon Fire device?
Yes! You can currently download it from the Amazon App Store - you'll just need to ensure that the HBO Now app is uninstalled on your device (if you were previously using that) before you download the HBO Max app.
Other ways to watch HBO Max on the TV
If for some reason you're having trouble watching or downloading HBO Max on your Amazon Fire device, then there are a few other methods that you can use to get HBO Max on your TV:
- Link up your laptop/PC to your TV with a HDMI cable and watch HBO Max directly through the browser
- Purchase a Chromecast and screen share to your TV using either the HBO Max app or website
- If you have an Xbox One or PS4, link these up to your TV and download the game app of HBO Max
- If you have a smart TV, check if the HBO Max app is available on there (its currently on Samsung TVs and Android TVs)
- If you get your TV via Hulu or YouTube TV, you can add HBO Max as a channel