If you’re a fan of 30 Rock, The Office or SNL, then you should know about Peacock, NBC’s streaming service that’s currently being rolled out across the USA.
Though Peacock will eventually come to the UK, it’s still a while off until release. If you’d like to know how to watch it quicker, then we’ve rounded up everything you need to know for accessing this platform in the UK. We also have a list of the best VPNs for NBC Peacock if you'd like to know your options.
Watch Peacock through using a VPN
We've successfully managed to sign up for an account with Peacock with minimal hassle. First of all, you’ll need a VPN. VPNs (virtual private networks) assign you a new IP address, which not only protects your online privacy but also allows you to browse the internet as if you’re from another country.
For the best range of servers, price and ease of access we recommend either NordVPN or ExpressVPN. You can find other options on the best VPNs for streaming. You can also look at the free VPN options, but note that these most likely won’t have enough servers to be able to stream successfully.
Note that this method is technically against Peacock's terms of service, and your account could be terminated at any given time.
How to stream Peacock Free
Once you’ve got your desired VPN, you should take the following steps:
- Login to your VPN provider and connect to a US server
- Head on over to the NBC Peacock website homepage and select 'Start Watching Now' - this will take you to the account creation page for Peacock Free
- Enter your email address, a password before selecting 'create account'. Now you'll be able to watch Peacock Free
How to sign up for Peacock Premium using a VPN
To sign up for Peacock Premium in the UK, you'll need to have undertaken the steps above (downloading a VPN, connecting to a US server and heading to the Peacock website). Here's the next steps.
- If you're signed up for Peacock Free, head to your account in the top right hand corner and select 'Upgrade to Premium') - new users can sign up directly to Premium on the Peacock homepage
- Select whether you want Peacock Premium (ad-supported Peacock) or Peacock Premium Plus (ad-free Peacock) - both offer a seven-day free trial
- Select 'PayPal' as your preferred method of payment - you won't be able to pay by credit card unless you have a card that is tied to a US address
- You'll now be redirected to PayPal - sign in, confirm your account and then you'll be able to start watching Peacock Premium
When will Peacock come to the UK?
NBC has signed a deal with Sky which will allow the service to be distributed to Sky customers. We don’t know yet whether this will be an additional add-on channel, or whether it will come to some customers free of charge.
Either way, no announcements have been made on when Peacock will come to Sky. It will most likely definitely be after the service rolls out to all US customers - we’re hoping for this year. However, it may all depend on what shows are currently owned by rival streaming platforms.