Sky is rolling out Kids Safe Mode on Sky Q today to help parents ensure their children are only able to view age-appropriate content.
This feature is designed to allow children to take control of the remote and gain a sense of independence, allowing them to explore all the child-friendly content that Sky has to offer while parents are safe in the knowledge that their kids won’t be able to view anything inappropriate
Once activated, Kids Safe Mode will lock viewers into Sky’s kids’ section which only holds content deemed safe for 0-12 year-olds. This mode will persist through the Sky Box being turned off, rebooted and even through power failure.
Kids Safe Mode is activated by entering your Sky PIN number, so changing it from its default (if you haven’t already) would be a good idea to make sure it is kept private.
Stephen Van Rooyen, Chief Executive for Sky UK & Ireland said: "At Sky, we go further than anyone else to ensure we put families first when developing our services. Sky Q's new Kids Safe Mode is a super simple way for parents to have ultimate peace of mind when their children are watching TV."
How to turn on Kids Safe Mode on Sky
- Open up your browser on your Sky Box
- Head to the ‘Kids’ section
- You will see an option listed called ‘Safe Mode’
- Select it and turn it on
- You will then be prompted to enter your PIN to confirm the selection
- Once you have done this, your Sky Box will be locked to the Kids section for viewers until Kids Mode is turned off.