Following in the footsteps of HBO Max, another big name streaming service has launched in the US. Peacock TV from NBC is now available but how do you get it and watch in the UK?
Well there's a slightly long-winded workaround you can follow if you can't wait for Peacock to officially launch outside the US. You'll namely need a VPN and use it to set up a new Google account, then access the US Play Store to download and install the app.
Although we've titled this as a UK specific tutorial, it should work anywhere outside the US.
How to get Peacock TV on Android in the UK
- Open your VPN of choice (we’re using NordVPN here) and connect to a US server
- Open Chrome and create a new Google account by clicking your profile picture in the top right corner, choose ‘Manage accounts on this device’ followed by ‘Add account’
- Now follow the process, adding your name, UK phone number (just for a verification code), date of birth and gender etc until you have a new Gmail address
- Now open the Play Store and switch to this new account by clicking the profile picture at the end of the search bar and selecting the new one
- Logging into this new account means you can search for and download the Peacock app
- Once you’ve installed the app, launch it and click 'Watch for free'
- Now you can create an account with an email address and password
- You can now stream content from Peacock
Note that the Peacock app blocks screenshots so the one above with the logo is the only one we managed to get.
Still, once you're in you can indeed stream for free. Check out our list of the best shows coming to Peacock.
However, some content is only available via Peacock Premium. There's a 7-day free trial for this if you want to try it out, after which it's $4.99 per month for the ad-supported version.
You'll need to pay for this via PayPal in the UK but you can't do this on the app so you'll need to head to the web version (while still using a VPN) to get a Premium account set up.