Disney Plus has taken the US by storm, and it’s finally out on UK shores too. Offering a combination of original content like The Mandalorian alongside classic Disney movies like Alice in Wonderland and newer additions like Avengers: Endgame, Disney Plus looks to have something for everyone, making the £5.99/$6.99 a month price tag hard to turn down.
The best part for Apple fans is that you can access it directly via your Apple TV, with no need to use AirPlay and an iPhone or iPad app. There are a couple of caveats - you’ll need a fourth-gen Apple TV or later, and you’ll need to sign up to Disney Plus prior to installing the app on your Apple TV - but generally speaking, it’s simple enough to access.
How to watch Disney Plus on an Apple TV
As long as you’ve got the right Apple TV, accessing Disney Plus is easy.
- On your Apple TV, navigate to the App Store. If you can’t see an App Store app in your interface, your Apple TV is unfortunately too old to access the service.
- Select the Search tab and search for Disney Plus.
- Click on the app and tap Get to initiate the download.
- Once the download is complete, head back to the home screen and scroll down until you find the Disney Plus app. Click it to open it.
- Enter the username and password you used when you signed up to the streaming service, and click log in.
Once logged in, you’ll be able to browse and watch the wide variety of content that Disney Plus has to offer.