Forget long queues and crowded panels - virtual cons are the way forward now, and Warner Bros has jumped on the trend with DC FanDome, a mega online event for fans of the DC superhero verse.
From announcements about the games, shows and films to panels with well-known guests from across the DC Universe, there’s plenty to get excited about for this event.
The second part of the event - called DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse - is taking place this weekend. If you’re thinking of watching along yourself, here’s everything you need to know.
When is DC FanDome happening?
Like the first event, the second DC FanDome will be a 24-hour event, taking place this weekend, starting on Saturday 12 September at 10AM PT (6PM BST). It will be streamed worldwide and in a number of languages, including Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish.
You can watch the official trailer for the second part of DC FanDome below:
How to attend DC FanDome
You’ll be pleased to hear that DC FanDome is completely free, and accessible to anyone from around the world.
All you need to do is visit DCFanDome.com to explore the virtual con floor - though you'll need to register for a free account with your email address. The site is divided into five sections:
- DC WatchVerse - This is DC’s answer to Hall H at Comic Con. Here you’ll find panels from the cast, crew and creators from DC television, film, games and home entertainment. There will also be some exclusive screenings of trailers and footage
- DC YouVerse - This is the section dedicated to all the cosplayers and fans, where people can submit their own works and tune into competitions on the day
- DC KidsVerse - For anyone who needs to keep the children entertained, there’s an entire site dedicated to family-friendly content
- DC InsiderVerse - This section features a 101 introduction and behind-the-scenes footage of the multiverse of DC with artist and DC CCO/Publisher Jim Lee, President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and creator of the DC TV Arrowverse, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti
- DC FunVerse - Here you’ll be able to check out digital comics, buy merchandise, enter giveaways and more
DC FanDome guests, panels and announcements
The first half of DC FanDome was dedicated towards the bigger movie and blockbuster announcements - so this half will cover other aspects of the sprawling DC world. We imagine we'll see lots of announcements from the newly-named CWverse (formerly known as the ArrowVerse) and other DC Universe TV shows.
Therefore we'll be seeing panels from the likes of WBTV’s Batwoman, Superman & Lois, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, DC’s Stargirl, and Black Lightning.
This event will also be less regimented than the first, allowing fans to explore all the other creative areas of the virtual con at their own pace. There will also be repeats of panels seen at the first event for those who missed out.
Other events to get involved in
Leading up to the event, you can submit your own DC-inspired cosplay, makeup, tattoos and other designs on the DC FanDome creator website for a chance to be featured in the DC YouVerse section. Selected artists on the day of the event will be voted on by the community in two competitions. The winners will receive part of a cash prize pool courtesy of DC and Talenthouse.
Blerd & Boujee House will also feature in DC FanDome, a celebration of black nerd culture with conversations, guests and a party-like atmosphere. The first ever event took place at SDCC 2019, and this year hopes to be even better.