Forget long queues and crowded panels - virtual cons are the way forward now, and Warner Bros are the latest to jump on the trend with DC FanDome, a mega online event for fans of the DC superhero verse.
From announcements about the games, shows and films to panels with well-known guests from across the DC Universe, there’s plenty to get excited about for this event. If you’re thinking of heading along yourself, here’s everything you need to know.
When is DC FanDome happening?
DC FanDome will be a 24 hour event, taking place on 22 August 2020, starting at 10AM PT (6PM BST). It will be streamed worldwide and in a number of languages, including Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish.
Cast and crew from the following titles have been confirmed to appear: Aquaman, The Batman, Batwoman, Black Adam, Black Lightning, DC Super Hero Girls, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, DC’s Stargirl, Doom Patrol, The Flash, Harley Quinn, the "Snyder Cut" of Justice League, Lucifer, Pennyworth, SHAZAM!, The Suicide Squad, Supergirl, Superman & Lois, Teen Titans GO!, Titans, Watchmen, Young Justice: Outsiders, and Wonder Woman 1984.
How to attend DC FanDome
You’ll be pleased to hear that DC FanDome is completely free, and accessible to anyone from around the world.
All you need to do is visit DCFanDome.com to explore the virtual con floor. The site is divided into five sections:
- DC WatchVerse - This is DC’s answer to Hall H at Comic Con. Here you’ll find panels from the cast, crew and creators from DC television, film, games and home entertainment. There will also be some exclusive screenings (we speculate one what these will be below)
- DC YouVerse - This is the section dedicated to all the cosplayers and fans, where people can submit their own works and tune into competitions on the day
- DC KidsVerse - For anyone who needs to keep the children entertained, there’s an entire site dedicated to family-friendly content
- DC InsiderVerse - This section features a 101 introduction and behind-the-scenes footage of the multiverse of DC with artist and DC CCO/Publisher Jim Lee, President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and creator of the DC TV Arrowverse, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti
- DC FunVerse - Here you’ll be able to check out digital comics, buy merchandise, enter giveaways and more
DC FanDome guests, panels and announcements
Besides those announced in the events above, guests are still under wraps at the moment. Based on what we know is coming out, here’s what we think we may get footage, trailers, announcements and news of at the event:
- Wonder Woman 1984
- The Batman
- The Suicide Squad
- SHAZAM! 2
- Justice League Snyder Cut on HBO Max
- Justice League Dark on HBO Max
- The untitled Green Lantern series on HBO Max
- Strange Adventures on HBO Max
- New seasons of shows in the ArrowVerse (The Flash, Supergirl etc)
- New Batwoman casting following the exit of Ruby Rose
- New Batman Arkham game
If any more rumours start to circulate - or anything official is announced - we’ll update this article with all the information you need to know.
Other events to get involved in
Leading up to the event, you can submit your own DC-inspired cosplay, makeup, tattoos and other designs on the DC FanDome creator website for a chance to be featured in the DC YouVerse section on 22 August. Selected artists on the day of the event will be voted on by the community in two competitions. The winners will receive part of a cash prize pool courtesy of DC and Talenthouse.
Blerd & Boujee House will also feature in DC FanDome, a celebration of black nerd culture with conversations, guests and a party-like atmosphere. The first ever event took place at SDCC 2019, and this year hopes to be even better.
Finally, fans can get the latest scoop about the event over on the Daily Star, the official blog for DC FanDome.