As with any other mains-powered consumer electronics device, Google Home can be rebooted by cutting power from the source. That means pulling out the plug or switching it off at the wall, then waiting 30 seconds or so before plugging it in again.
But if the plug isn't somewhere you can easily access it, or you just can't be bothered to get up and do it, there is also a way to reboot Google Home from your phone or tablet.
1. Launch the free Google Home app.
2. Tap the Devices icon at the top right of the window.
3. Tap the three dots at the top right of the card for your Google Home device.
4. Tap Reboot.
Google Home will restart and automatically connect itself to your home Wi-Fi network. Give it a couple of minutes to get itself ready before you start firing questions at it again.
You'll also like:
- How to set up Google Home
- Best Google Home tips & tricks
- How to use IFTTT with Google Home
- How to send a text message on Google Home
- How to send email on Google Home
- How to play music on Google Home without a subscription
- How to add multiple user accounts to Google Home in the UK or US
- How to connect Chromecast to Google Home
- How to add items to Tesco shopping basket with Google Home
- How to factory reset Google Home
- 100 funny things to ask Google Home
- Google Home vs Amazon Echo