Alexa is always learning new stuff. Just recently, she learned a lot of new regional words for the many dialects in the UK with the help of Susie Dent, so ask her “Alexa, what are regional words for nonsense?” and she'll tell you a bunch of them. You might even learn some you didn't know.
But Amazon has also given her funny responses to many questions. You'll find a list over more than 100 below (we lost count), but the all-important seasonal ones are right below. So, at the end of this rather difficult year let Alexa put a smile on your face or - more likely - a grimace when you hear her terrible Christmas-cracker-style jokes.
What to ask Alexa at Christmas
At Christmas, here are the questions you can ask her (you can, of course, also ask her to play Christmas music):
- Alexa, tell me a Christmas joke
- Alexa, what's today's Christmas treat? (try this every day of Advent, say "exit" to quit)
- Alexa, do you believe in Santa Claus?
- Alexa, who’s on the naughty list?
- Alexa, will we get a white Christmas?
- Alexa, sing Jingle Bells
- Alexa, sing a Christmas carol
- Alexa, sing your Christmas song
- Alexa, tell me a Christmas story
- Alexa, what do you want for Christmas?
- Alexa, what are you doing for New Year?
- Alexa, open the advent calendar
- Alexa, how many sleeps until Christmas?
- Alexa, where’s Santa?
- Alexa, can you name Santa's reindeer?
- Alexa, can reindeer fly?
- Alexa, I wish it could be Christmas every day
- Alexa, what’s the best Christmas movie?
- Alexa, what’s the worst Christmas movie?
- Alexa, Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?
- Alexa, how ugly is your Christmas jumper?
- Alexa, how many calories are in a Christmas pudding?"
- (FOR NEW YEAR'S) Alexa, sing Auld Lang Syne
What weird things can you ask Alexa?
- Alexa, get me a beer
- Alexa, are you a robot?
- Alexa, what are the three laws of robotics?
- Alexa, knock knock
- Alexa, do you know Siri?
- Alexa, do you smoke?
- Alexa, tell me a joke
- Alexa, why did the chicken cross the road?
- Alexa, do a barrel roll
- Alexa, which came first: chicken or egg?
- Alexa, I want the truth
- Alexa, what’s the magic word?
- Alexa, give me a random number between 1 and 10
- Alexa, flip a coin
- Alexa, roll a dice
If you like games, check out these 14 fun games to play with Alexa
- Alexa, cry like a baby
- Alexa, fart
- Alexa, throw up
- Alexa, can you bark?
- Alexa, burp
- Alexa, meow
- Alexa, what happens if you step on Lego?
- Alexa, are you a nerd?
- Alexa, sing me a song
- Alexa, can you sing in auto-tune?
- Alexa, can you do a rap?
- Alexa, what sound does a hamster make?
- Alexa, rock, paper, scissors
- Alexa, how can I get rid of a dead body?
- Alexa, flatter me
- Alexa, where are my keys? (you need to ask this twice)
- Alexa, where do you live?
- Alexa, what’s your favourite colour?
- Alexa, are you blue?
- Alexa, will you marry me?
- Alexa, what are you wearing?
- Alexa, do you sleep?
- Alexa, how old are you?
- Alexa, give me a kiss
- Alexa, tell me a secret
- Alexa, do you believe in ghosts?
- Alexa, do aliens exist?
- Alexa, is there life on mars?
- Alexa, is there a santa?
- Alexa, what is the meaning of life?
- Alexa, testing 1, 2, 3
- Alexa, see you later
- Alexa, high five
- Alexa, clap
- Alexa, winter is coming
- Alexa, I am your father
- Alexa, use the force
- Alexa, beam me up
- Alexa, open the pod bay doors
- Alexa, are you skynet?
- Alexa, who you gonna call?
- Alexa, what’s the first rule of fight club?
- Alexa, Marco!
- Alexa, say something in Klingon
What to ask Alexa about Star Wars
- Alexa, who is the best Jedi?
- Alexa, can you talk like Yoda?
- Alexa, do you like Star Wars?
- Alexa, aren’t you a little tall for a storm trooper?
- Alexa, what’s the Jedi code?
- Alexa, I am your father
- Alexa, there is no try
- Alexa, tell me a princess Leia Quote
- Alexa, May the Force be with you
- Alexa, May the fourth be with you
- Alexa, when is Star Wars Day?
- Alexa, what order should I watch Star Wars in?
- Alexa, who is Luke Skywalker’s father?
- Alexa, tell me a Star Wars joke
- Alexa, tell me a Star Wars quote
Arrrrlexa's pirate sayings
All you need to do is to say, "Alexa, talk like a pirate."
- Avast, ye scurvy curs! Or ye will be paying a visit to Davy Jones’ Locker.
- Arrr! Batten down the hatches, furl the sails! Draw sabres! These scallywags be shark bait.
- Fifteen men on the dead man's chest... yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
- Gor blimey! The ship be bilged on her anchor. Heave ho, mateys!
- Arrr! Ask me for one more fart joke and I’ll make ye walk the plank!
What to ask Alexa at Easter
- Alexa, pretend to be a chicken...
- Alexa, what's your favourite Easter egg?
- Alexa, how do you make hot cross buns?
- Alexa, open Easter Would you Rather....
- Alexa, open Easter quiz...
- Alexa, open egg hiding game
- Alexa, open Easter facts
- Alexa, open Easter bunny
Brilliantly, if you ask Alexa "Tell me a yo mamma joke" she will respond not with something rude but instead an encouraging and uplifting statement about how great your mother is. And as with the others, there are multiple responses, so asking again will prompt a different answer.
You can get Alexa to tell you personalised jokes using Roasts Skill Blueprint. Via the website, you can customise 22 templated Skills and make your friends and family laugh. Here's how to create a skill with Blueprints.
Finally, although not a funny response, if you ask her to turn the volume up to 11 she will set it to maximum: a reference to the film Spinal Tap.