Hot Topics

"Your Windows License Will Expire Soon"

Robert James Hutchins 10:22 17 Nov 2019
Answered

I keep getting the above message on my screen. I´ve no idea what it refers to. My computer is 8 years old and I´ve never had these messages before. I´ve been trying to get information from Windows and have just been going round in circles for a couple of hours. Frustrating? Very! Meanwhile, I´m scared my screen´s going to suddenly go blank!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:01 17 Nov 2019
Answer

No its not going to go blank

what version of windows 7 or 10?

Govan1x 09:58 18 Nov 2019

Go into System.And on the right hand side click on system info. That will tell you if your windows is activated or not.

It used to show you on the system page when you opened it, but now you have to click on system info to get the information. Not sure if it was the update to version 1909 which changed the settings or not.

berryjohnson 12:23 19 Dec 2019

Windows notification option already has the feature which notifies you before expiring your windows licence. So you can know about this and purchase a windows license or you can also try some ticks to activate windows.

alanrwood 12:46 19 Dec 2019

Windows licences do not expire once activated. They do reach end of support life ie Win 7 in Jan 2020 but it will still work just gets more dangerous to use online.

wee eddie 14:41 19 Dec 2019

I would suggest a check for malware, just in case.

As with Alan's comment, Windows Licences do not run out.

However, if you have just installed a copy of Windows on a new Hard Drive, you are required to Register within a limited period of time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Report says rental e-scooters will be legal on UK roads from Saturday

MC Escher: the world's first data artist?

Mystery 10-core iMac appears in Geekbench results

Les meilleures séries OCS (2020)