WLM 12 photos upside down when sent from ipad

MikeWhitworth 20:13 03 Apr 2018

Hi All A strange irritating problem a friend regularly sends me photos and videos from her ipad . When I openthe files on my W7 PC using WLM12 they appear upside down not a real problem with the photos but it is with the short videos . If I open the email on my Ipad or my android phone they are OK I do not have this problem with photos and videos sent from anyone else.nor does she have anyone else complaining of this problem . Seems most bizarre to me any ideas Mike

MJS WARLORD 22:55 03 Apr 2018

hi mike i found this link , its not your pc its the ipad , as you probably know you can rotate a photo by right clicking on it but not a video.

click here

MikeWhitworth 23:12 03 Apr 2018

Thank you MJS its nice to know neither My PC or me is going mad just got to educate my friend on how to hold her Ipad now . Thanks again for taking the trouble with your reply, Mike

MikeWhitworth 20:00 04 Apr 2018

Hi MJS further to the Bizarre problem I have just sent myself two photos using my Ipad Mini 2 .one with the home button to the right the other with it to the left. When I opened the email on my PC they both appeared the correct way up ?????? the mystery deepens Mike

MJS WARLORD 21:05 04 Apr 2018

glad I read your post and looked for an answer , just for the hell of it I took some selfies for forum profiles , the ones taken on my Samsung android tablet in landscape uploaded ok , the ones uploaded in portrait uploaded sideways on , technology does weird things !!!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone X (2018)