windows.old folder safe to delete?

QinesiQ 20:47 30 Mar 2007

hi

is the windows.old folder safe to delete/move to a different hd after installing vista?

I seem to remember someone saying it was but i just wanted to check.

i've backed up, backed up and then backed up some more so i was just wanting to create space.

oh, and is there any special way i should delete it or can i just either delete or move whole folder to a spare hdd (& thereby deleting in the process)?

ta

anskyber 23:12 30 Mar 2007

I have read that the answer is yes. I do not have a storage problem so I have left mine. Are you really so short of storage?

Forum Editor 00:58 31 Mar 2007

once you have made sure that your Vista installation is running smoothly, that your installed software is OK, and that your hardware devices are all working.

QinesiQ 12:53 31 Mar 2007

Hi anskyber & FE and thank you for your quick answers. The upgrade seems to be working very well so far apart from my wifi connection keeps dropping out – a problem which I’ll search for answers here.
I am actually not that short on space I just thought that every little would help but considering that the family lappy is only used as a glorified type-writer and surfing and I have minimal stuff installed on its 100gb hd then I most likely don’t need to remove it.
I’ll leave it alone for now – if it ain’t broke…

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?