Windows won't boot after cpu change but Linux boot

WAI Creations 04:00 27 Oct 2018

Hi,I have a lenovo e4325 modal laptop which comes with amd a4 4300m(fs1b) dual core.so I thought to upgrade my cpu..I brought a amd a8 5500m which is also compatible with fs1b socket..I reset the BIOS and CMOS and swap the cpu..before that I had dual boot which consist of windows 7 & Kali Linux.. after the swap laptop boots into BIOS setup page and I thought everything was fine..but when I boot the hard disk ..there was a black screen..after few seconds I see the Linux automatically booted....so I thought there was a problem with grubs(bootloader)..then I restarted and blindly boots into windows..but this time it's booted into windows and the windows logging in sound appears but the screen still remains black...I think it was not a hardware problem because the Linux boots without anyone problem with blindly booting. can anyone help me with this problem...thx in advance

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:07 27 Oct 2018

Is windows trying to boot to an external monitor try plugging one in or try the FNkey + whichever key ahs the lue screen sysmbol on to roll though the screen display options of LCD only external only and both, remember to wait a few seconds between selecting each option to see if the screens boot up.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL