Windows unresponsive and sluggish for past two day

needhelpplease 00:12 06 Jan 2018

I've been having issues with windows 10 for the past two days and very unsure as to why. The problems are that the system seems to be behaving quite slowly with some programmes often becoming unresponsive for around five to ten seconds and then becoming active again. I know the problem can't be hardware limitations as I'm running 32gb of Ram and a Skylake core i7 since the problem started I've tried updating all of the drivers, running a memory check, resetting the virtual memory and searching the computer with windows defender and avira none of which have worked please help!

Govan1x 12:03 06 Jan 2018

Maybe see if it works ok in safe mode.

Take it you have looked in device manager for driver faults. When in there click on View then click on show hidden devices then check again to see if any faulty drivers show. If there is an unsigned driver there it should show with a yellow exclamation mark.

Govan1x 12:07 06 Jan 2018

Windows defender is not really much good. Maybe download Malwarebytes and run that.if you choose the free version it should give you the chance to use the Pro version for a fortnights trial. Accept that and run it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:49 06 Jan 2018

Ctrl Alt Del bring up task manager and have a look at what maybe using all your Cpu or memory.

br1anstorm 22:31 10 Jan 2018

Is this another case where the recent Win10 update (v1709) has slowed everything down? What does Task Manager reveal?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?