Windows stuck in system restore SafeMode loop

gotonionknight 16:25 14 Jan 2018

So the start of the story is i went into safemode to test why my internet was slow but when i got there my password didn't work. So i then was stuck in safemode and i had to do a system restore to get out of it. However when i did the system restore and the computer started up again and got to the dell sign startup page a dialog box popped up saying ''windows cannot complete installation in safe mode, to continue installing windows restart computer.''
So i clicked ok on the dialog box and it restarted but when it started up again the dialog box popped up again and so now the Loop began and every time i restart the computer it goes back to the same dell startup page. Now i stuck in this system restore SafeMode loop, can someone please help?

Govan1x 18:09 14 Jan 2018

If W8 or W10 switch it on after 7 seconds switch it off by holding down the start button. Try that 3 or 4 times and another box should open giving you other things to try.

gotonionknight 00:56 15 Jan 2018

it is w10 so i will try it now

Secret-Squirrel 12:24 15 Jan 2018

Now i stuck in this system restore SafeMode loop.......

As mentioned previously, you first need to boot into the Windows 10 "Advanced Options" screen. This is best done by creating a Windows 10 installation USB or DVD, booting from it, then clicking on the "Repair your computer" link bottom-left of the screen. I'm not a fan of repeatedly turning the computer off abruptly when it's booting up as there is a chance it'll cause further problems.

When you get to the Advanced Options screen, click on the "Command Prompt" option, type this command to turn off Safe Mode, press enter, then restart your computer:

Windows should now start in normal mode allowing System Restore to complete successfully. 1]: [click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

The best smart speaker: Apple HomePod vs Google Home vs Amazon Echo

Augmentation du tabac : les meilleures applications pour arrĂȘter de fumer