Windows server 2012 open files

bmadden 01:15 25 Aug 2016

Good evening,

I'm running into an issue with open files on my Windows Server. It's running Windows Server 2012 STD. I have multiple users opening and closing the same bunch of files on the same network drive. They are experiencing error's when trying to open, save or rename a file. Error: the file is locked for editing, open in read only. When I go to computer management in the server and view the files, they're listed in open files but users have nothing open on their machines. It's almost list the server is not recognizing that they are closing out of the files. If I have the reboot their machines or if I reboot the server, it resolves the issue but eventually happens again. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Forum Editor 19:33 25 Aug 2016

"It's almost list the server is not recognizing that they are closing out of the files."

Just a quick thought - how are the users closing the files? Check to see if they using the 'file>close' option, rather than file>exit, which closes the application.

In the past, I have experienced problems lie this, when a closed application doesn't close the files.

Worth a check - if that's not it, we'll think again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Camera Phones 2019

How can good design help millennials fall in love?

iMac 27in (2019) review

Comment identifier le modèle de son iPad ?