Windows not starting after windows update failure

alwinsmathew 20:02 14 Feb 2018
Answered

Hi,

I need urgent help! My computer has tried on many occasions to update windows 10, but it would always get stuck. I was forced to shut the whole system done, but it would return to the normal format.

This occurred again but now windows is not loading. I have tried alt + f10, but nothing is happening.

Please please help and give suggestions!!

onthelimit1 20:08 14 Feb 2018

Try this sequence:

Performing a Startup Repair The first thing you can try is booting into the recovery environment, if possible, and then performing a startup repair. To access the recovery environment, turn your computer on and off three times. While booting, make sure you turn off the computer when you see the Windows logo. After the third time, Windows 10 will boot into diagnostics mode. Click Advanced options when the recovery screen appears.

safe mode windows 10

Click Troubleshoot.

safe mode windows 10

Click Advanced options.

automatic-repair-3 safe mode windows 10

Then, click Startup Repair.

startup-repair

alwinsmathew 20:18 14 Feb 2018

HI there,

Thanks for the suggestion, but this won’t work as the windows logo doesn’t appear on my PC. The only thing that comes up is the Acer loading screen. Plus I’ve tried turning it on and off a million times but it’s not back to normal.

This is what happens. The Acer logo comes up and it loads. Then it glitches and says restoring to previous version of windows, then it goes back to the Acer logo.

Please give more suggestions:):

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:07 14 Feb 2018
Answer
  1. untick you answer above as the prolblem is not solved.

2. see the options here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple