Windows Live Mail - using with different addresses

Carafaraday 16:44 25 Jul 2016

I have managed to install Windows Live Mail (part of Microsoft Windows Essentials 2012) on my new Windows 10 laptop and got it working but only very simply. On my previous laptop I have several email addresses - based on my domain name - and currently use different ones for different sets of people. All of the names are from the one account ie all replies come to my inbox, and all sent items are in the sent file no matter which email address I use. Can I set Windows Live Mail to do this too? or do I have to set up a totally new account for every variation of [email protected]? Sorry if I haven't explained this very well - any advice would be most appreciated.

Secret-Squirrel 17:50 25 Jul 2016

I have several email addresses...............and currently use different ones for different sets of people.

In that case you'll need to setup a new account in WLM for each email address.

After doing that you'll notice that each email account will have its own Inbox and Sent Items folder.

.......ie all replies come to my inbox, and all sent items are in the sent file no matter which email address I use.

You can configure WLM to do that by adding "All inbox" and "All sent items" to the "Quick Views" section of the folder list. It's basically a custom view that displays the sum of all Inbox and Sent Items folders.

Carafaraday 18:20 25 Jul 2016

Thank you very much (and for your previous help).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

12 character artists you should know about in 2019

iPad mini 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Test : l’enceinte Bluetooth BW-AS2 de Blitzwolf