Windows IE11 non closing tab

awest3 14:03 08 Nov 2016

Hi, I wonder if anyone else has seen this issue. If I open a couple of tabs in IE11 and then close one of them down. If I then put my cursor on IE11 in the task bar it shows the tab is still open with a revolving circle in the middle and does not close down. If I then try to go to the other open tab I get 'websitename not responding' the only way I can close down the tab is by using task manager to close down the whole of IE11. Any help gratefully received as ever. Al

awest3 17:40 25 Nov 2016

My wife's PC is now suffering with this phenomenon. Again its a windows 10 machine which appeared to be working normally until recently. Its probably one of the windows updates which is causing this but who knows... can't seem to find any info on the problem. When I use CCleaner just before closing the machine it asks if it should close down IE11, which should be already closed...

rdave13 18:08 25 Nov 2016

Running IE as administrator fixed this kind of problems for me. Gone to Chromium based Vivaldi browser now and finding it very good.

awest3 06:55 28 Nov 2016

Hi, Thanks for this. I'm afraid running as administrator did not fix this for me. Thanks again.

Guest 635968 07:46 28 Nov 2016

[email protected] 0800-090-3288 (toll-free) for quickbooks online uk, quickbooks help, quickbooks online support, quickbooks customer service Get instant solutions for Quickbooks, Our well certified technicians are here to provide you support for Quickbooks. quickbooks online,quickbooks help click here

rdave13 11:38 28 Nov 2016

You could try re-setting IE. Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab and select reset. Close IE then reboot.

awest3 09:18 10 Dec 2016

Hi Thanks for these suggestions, none worked I'm afraid. I'll try and do a screen print and copy it here.

awest3 14:15 10 Dec 2016

awest3 14:18 10 Dec 2016

As you can see this is what I get when I try to close the window. At this point nothing works and I have to go into task manager to close down IE 11 and start again...happens 8 out of 10 times I use IE11.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Amy Cesal's Play-Doh infographics bring fun and colour to datavis

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Modifier un PDF : les meilleurs éditeurs PDF