windows help cannot get ip adress up.

bingbangbo 19:31 15 Nov 2017

hi there, I have purchased a wifi, repeater to receive better coverage,i am typing in the ip address 192.168.10.1 which it tell me to do, but keeps coming up, page cannot be found, I have several laptops but says this on them all,please help.

Jollyjohn 21:59 16 Nov 2017

Details of the wifi repeater would help us give specific answers. try connecting with an ethernet cable initially to access the repeater

bingbangbo 08:49 17 Nov 2017

hi,thanks for the message,its just a generic repeater from amazon, when I type the address 192.168.10.1 it says cant reach this page, error code:inet e resource not found.cheers

Secret-Squirrel 09:30 17 Nov 2017

Temporarily disconnect from your usual wireless network, move your laptop (or other device) close to the repeater, connect by WiFi to the repeater's network then try 192.168.10.1 again.

If that doesn't work then disconnect from your usual wireless network then connect to the repeater via Ethernet cable.

Once the repeater has been setup you can revert back to your normal connection method.

bingbangbo 09:49 17 Nov 2017

ok thanks will try this.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?