Windows Defender no option to scan external drive?

Carafaraday 15:06 25 Sep 2017

I am trying to scan my Kindle fire with Windows Defender but when I right click the fire on 'my computer' this option is not available. The lapop can 'see' the fire and I can drag and drop files to and from it. Does anyone know how I can make this option available? I would prefer not to have to make any registry changes. I am using Window 10 fully updated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:51 25 Sep 2017

The kindle fire runs a form of Android OS and the windows based version of defender cannot read the file structure in order to scan it.

You should be able to download an android app such as Avast from the play store to work as and antivirus on the Kindle Fire.

Carafaraday 17:03 25 Sep 2017

Thanks, Fruit Bat for your rapid reply. I'll download the Avast App pdq.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?